Because a few of my friends have asked me what kind of gear I have used on my hike I was making a small list what I have taken with me. Here are also some tips what I would change.
If you want to make a world trip and don’t need all your gear at the hike a lot of the hostels have a storage room and you can park your stuff there. That’s pretty handy because you don’t need your laptop while you’re hiking. 😉
- Backpack ( www.globetrotter.de/shop/deuter-aircontact ) i have had the older version with 55 liters
- 2 Water bottles, I have had one from Germany 1Liter Bottle what i still use today, ( www.globetrotter.de/shop/nalgene-everyday ) and one normal bottle I have bought in Kathmandu. You need 2 because in the first one you can get the fresh water with the tablets and the other one is your drinking water at this time.
- Warm ski underwear (www.amazon.de/gp/product/B078F6S49K ,www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01M1SPYYP )
- Pullover and jacket (https://amzn.to/2K3Vqxs )
- Jacket 2 layers, I just love 2 layer jackets they are sooo handy when you are traveling in different areas of the world.
- 1 long hiking trouser, best with some pockets on the sides for snacks
- 1 short hiking trouser
- 2 T-Shirts, One was a merino t-shirt what doesn’t smell that fast and it drys freaking fast what is everywhere a plus (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/ )
- 2 Sport BH
- 4-5 pants
- Warm merino socks, some colder merino socks (yes I love natural clothes) (www.globetrotter.de/shop/falke-ess-tk1 ,www.globetrotter.de/shop/falke-tk-2 )
- Sunscreen 50+
- Water disinfection pill
- Medicine ( high sickness pill, coal tablets …….)
- Walking sticks, believe me yes you need them! ( www.globetrotter.de/shop/leki ) you will find for Leki enough reperation stuff on the way.
- Hiking boots, hike in them before you start a big hike
- Head, important because of the sun
- Scarf, for the sun and wind
- Tiger balm, you can buy that in Nepal it is quite cheap there
- 2 soaps, (I used I shampoo bar and 1 normal bar and it is really handy and good for the environment-but let them try before you store them again otherwise it is a mass)
- 1 thoasbrush + creme, hair brush, raiser,
- Snacks, nuts, peanut creme,
- Money for all your hike, better too much than not enough –there is no ATM
- Sleeping bag -10degrees ( www.globetrotter.de/shop/mountain-equipment ) love this one. The first one who really has hold me warm.
- 1small towel
- Zink paste
- Power bank-the last few days we don’t have had any chance to charge our stuff.
- I would buy now also a solar panel what I can take on my backpack to charge a power bank.
- Foto and SD-cards
- Charging material
- Maps and Annapurna Pass for the stamps, We have used also Maps.me at our phones. That has saved us a few times and really it’s just the best I know. It is working offline and you can download the maps you need.
I have had already way too much with me what I don’t need. For example you don’t need a mattress or something. In this list is really only what I have used.
I hope that helps some of you for your planning
In this Blog Post I use affiliate links, advertisement, that you can see what I have used.
If you have any recommendation what is still missing just write a command and I will include it in the list. Thank you for all your help!